FUNDAPEN 2 – How to get a free EpiPen
Each prescribed EpiPen® will be dispensed directly to your patient’s postal address.
1. Establish that your patient is clinically eligible for FundaPen2.
2. Complete your patient’s prescription for an EpiPen® as usual.
3. Add the word “FundaPen2” clearly on the prescription.
4. Include your patient’s weight on the prescription so that the correct EpiPen® is dispensed.
To determine the correct dose please refer to the ASCIA guidelines https://allergy.org.au/images/ASCIA_HP_Guidelines_Acute_Management_Anaphylaxis_2021.pdf
5. Please email the completed prescription to: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Queenstown Pharmacy assesses that the prescription meets the FundaPen2 eligibility criteria and dispenses the EpiPen® to the patient’s address provided by the prescriber.
7. Please check your patient’s postal address is accurate - 10-day delivery time is normal
Once 3,355 FREE EpiPen® auto-injector pens have been dispensed from Queenstown Pharmacy, normal prescribing protocols, distribution, and fees apply.